As a non-profit early education center, VICCC heavily depends on many funding sources. Whether through local government block grants, fundraising efforts, or donations – each penny counts. Our children receive scholarships to cover the funding gap between subsidy payments and parent co-pays. The average cost VICCC must cover is $8,000 a month; funds which come from donations just like yours.
Neighborhood Assistance Program
We now have NAP tax credits available for the 2015 – 2016 fiscal year! Please email Center Director, Judy Shelor, at VICCCcburg@verizon.net to make a donation, or call 540-951-8101.
The Virginia Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP), administered by Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), allows individuals or businesses to receive state tax credits – equal to up to 65% of the qualified donation – for eligible contributions made to VICCC. This means that by directing your donation to VICCC, you are directly donating to a local non-proft and can receive the applicable 65% tax credit amount directly off of your Virginia State Taxes.
You may also claim your entire charitable donation on your federal taxes. Depending on your tax bracket, your donation may total ZERO out of pocket costs. Please contact your tax adviser with any questions regarding the tax credit offered by this program.
• $500 is the minimum donation eligible for tax credits in a taxable year.
• $125,000 is the maximum amount of donations eligible for tax credits in a taxable year.
• $615.39 is the minimum donation eligible for tax credits in a taxable year.
• There is no maximum donation limitation for businesses.
Click on the links below for more information about applying for the Virginia Neighborhood Assistance Program – Tax Credits.
Other Ways to Donate
Kroger Community Rewards Program
The Kroger Community Rewards program is an ideal way to support Valley Interfaith Child Care Center! The program allocates funds to participating organizations based on the purchases that registered members, family and friends of the organization have made at Kroger using their Kroger Plus card. Each individual should enroll their Kroger Plus Cards online at the Kroger secure website, krogercommunityrewards.com, and then choose to support VICCC. Already have a Kroger Plus card registered to another charity or program? No problem! You can sign up for and register multiple cards to help support VICCC and others, too.
To use the Kroger Community Rewards Program:
1. Register your Kroger Plus card online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy (you will need the card number)
- If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box (unless you have previously registered online).
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email to finalize card registration.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Link your card with VICCC
- Log into your account at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Click on ‘Edit Kroger Community Rewards’ information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter the VICCC number (82995) or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for VICCC until after you have registered your card and linked it to VICCC
- If you use your phone number (alternate ID) at the register instead of swiping your card, call 800-576-4377 and select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- You must swipe your registered Kroger Plus card (or use the alternate ID that is associated with your registered Kroger Plus card) when shopping for each purchase to count.
$200 (covers 1 child for 1 month)
If you’re able to give at a greater level, would you please consider providing a scholarship to one child, for one month? If you’re able to give even more, you may choose to sponsor a quarter year or full year for one child, or perhaps scholarships for multiple children one month!
VICCC goes above and beyond by utilizing a literacy curriculum in the classroom. Each month our classrooms work with a specific book – centering their learning activities around the featured book. At the end of each month, each child is given a copy of the book to take home and add to their home libraries This allows for consistent learning and recognition, behaviors which the children take home with them and encourage their parents to continue reading at home.
Although many, many books are read each day, our focus on these “Book of the Month” books are an important part of developing early literacy skills. VICCC offers a donation option called the “Book Club,” consisting of a $250 donation. We partner with Scholastic FACE to receive discounted book sets. Your tax-exempt donation will allow for the purchase of the monthly book to go home with every child!
If you are interested in donating at a sponsorship level, we have several options:
$500: Full Sponsor
Classroom Learning Environment: help support VICCC’s current classroom enhancement project. As a sponsor, you will provide the funds needed to develop and supply a new area for learning within the classroom environment. These areas range from “cozy” spaces and a children’s library collection to classroom redesign and greater focus on curriculum and development based materials.
Family Fun Events: an opportunity for families, staff, and volunteers to have a little fun! Sponsors provide fun activities, healthy snacks or meals, and learning materials for parents. Your funds also help cover the cost of staff paid hours, as they assist with the event. Volunteers also help handle the event’s festivities.